A unique opportunity to attend this special evening at the Wine School with the head winemaker at Les Vignobles Foncalieu, Isabelle Pangault. We will be enjoying a tasting of eight superb wines from the Languedoc area in the South of France and the chance to meet and learn from the woman who is responsible for making them!
Our special ‘Meet the Winemaker’ evening will feature the wines of Les Vignobles Foncalieu, a Cooperative Winery with growers in every main region of the beautiful South of France. Foncalieu have kindly contributed 8 wines for us to enjoy this evening including:
- Les Illustres (a robust blend of mainly Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah, made in limited quantities from only the very best quality grapes) RRP £25
- Le Lien (a stunningly smooth Syrah from the Minervois region, one of the most sought after wines of the Languedoc area) RRP £25
- Chateau Haut Gleon Rouge (a beautifully hearty blend of Syrah, Grenache and old vine Carignan from Corbieres) RRP £18
- Chateau Haut Gleon Blanc (made from the local variety Roussanne, a rich, smooth and nutty white) RRP £20
- Plus a selection of Languedoc wines from Foncalieu’s ‘Le Versant’ range which showcases single varietal wines including a peachy Viognier and cherry-scented Pinot Noir.
The South of France is recognised as the home of some of the country’s most innovative winemaking and increasingly some of the top quality wines, but it remains off the radar of many wine drinkers in the UK. The evening offers you the chance to explore the wines of this beautiful and often overlooked region, in the company of a true local expert.
This is shaping up to be a fascinating evening at the Wine School; the opportunity to taste some of the very best wines of the Languedoc area in the South of France, wines which have garnered both critical praise and plenty of awards. The chance to meet Isabelle Pangault, head winemaker and ambassador at Foncalieu, and listen as she explains why the wines from this beautiful corner of France are so special.
As well as 8 excellent wines there will be the usual nibbles of meat and cheese to taste alongside the wine. The evening will be hosted by Justin from Lothian Wine School, alongside Isabelle who will happily answer your questions. Thanks to the generousity of the team at Foncalieu we are able to offer this evening at the special price of only £20 each. But please book quickly, this unique evening at the Wine School is bound to be popular.
If you would like to book it as a special gift for a wine enthusiast, then please email us after you have booked the place and we can send you a gift voucher.